Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My Appointment at KKH Eye Centre

Tue, 19 Feb 08

This morning, we went to KKH for my eye check up at KKH Eye Centre....

It took a total of 2 hours...

We arrived at 9.30am (appointment time)... After registration, we waited a short while before seeing the doctor... Inside the doctor's room, I was shown a rubber duckie, a smaller duckie, an elephant etc... Then there was an elephant playing drum right across the other end of the room also... The lady doctor kept shining some sort of light thing in my eye as well... hmmm...

After this, we were asked to go to another room to examine my eye as well...

Then, it was off to the "torture chamber" (Daddy named it this, as some who went inside wld cry...) Yup, I cried as well... when the nurse pried open my eyes to put the eye drops.... I don't like people to touch my eyes... I bet you don't also, right?? Oh my god, you mean it was not over yet?? I heard the nurse told Mummy gotta wait for 5 mins, then adminster the 2nd dose, then 5 mins again for the 3rd dose... *faint*
The eye drops were supposed to make the eyes more relaxed so that the examination of the eyes would be more accurate...

When it was finally done, we need to wait for another half an hour before going to another room to examine my eyes again....

After the "eye drops"... waiting waiting...I am sooooo BORED.....


Finally, it was my turn... but I was not cooperative as I kept moving my head & trying to grab the thing in the optometrist's hands...haha.. in the end, they bribed me with my milk.... so the optometrist can examine my eyes while I was drinking my milk... ;p

After this eye examination, it was back to the doctor's room again.... *getting restless*

In the doctor's room, I struggled & kept moving... Finally, the doctor managed to do what she wanted... and we were free to go!! *huge sigh of relief*

Results: All clear!! Doctor said my eyes are perfectly fine and vision is perfect for my age.... Would only need to come back for check up in 7 to 8 months time...

After the check up, Daddy & Mummy had nasi padang at the Kopitiam in KKH.... HUGE mistake!! They both had mild food poisoning after that... Mummy felt like puking & abit giddy...so she didn't dare to bathe me... She called Daddy to see if he would be home early or late...then learnt that Daddy also didn't feel too well... In the end, she resorted to calling Wai Gong to come over awhile...
My tummy also did not feel too well, as I actually rejected my milk feed for the night... I only drank abit then threw away the bottle....
Wai Gong put me to bed at 9 plus...

1 comment:

kkf said...

har!! no nasi padang at kkh anymore!i thought food at hospital shd be clean!