Thursday, September 1, 2011

Night Ride @ Peranakan Museum


Fri, 26 Aug 11

Mummy brought me to the Peranakan Museum for the Night Ride event which is held as part of Voyage Night Festival 2011...

We reached there around 7pm which was just in time for the first performance.... I also received a goodies bag :)

Sound Waves by Armenian Heritage Ensemble (Main Lobby)


I was not really interested in the singing, so Mummy brought me up to level 3 to get the ice cream coupons first.... We then walked through the galleries at level 2 & 3.....
Sail Trail (Galleries, Level 2 & 3)






While waiting for the next performance, Mummy brought me to the glow-in-the-dark room for some crafts.... As the sand craft area was full, we went to the paper craft area..... My little stick-it glow in the dark....

As for the paper craft, we didn't complete it yet....as I heard the music outside and wanted to go watch the performance....

Light Rhythm (Main Lobby)
The performance is so-so only and I was bored after a while...... and kept asking Mummy about the puppet show...(cos when we first arrived, the puppet show was ending, so Mummy said we need to wait for the next showtime)


Off we went....
Shadow Play (The Ixora Room)







This is my favourite show of the evening.... I even get to have a go at manipulating a Donald Duck puppet.... Great fun! :)



After the puppet show, we managed to catch the last bit of the drums performance and I get to beat the drums too....
Sound Waves by Fusion Beats (Main Lobby)




Mummy decided to go and redeem our ice cream while we waited for the last performance.....
Yummy ice cream and it's free!

Sands of Time (Main Lobby)


Peranakan artifacts...


This is Mummy's favourite show..... I like that I get to play with the sand after the show (even though it's just a few minutes)... see all the eager hands there.... haha!


I had great fun at the musuem, I told Mummy..... We can go again next time!

1 comment:

kkf said...

wow, so fun! last time i brought the kids there without special event, it was so boring.