Monday, July 5, 2010

High Fever

I had fever on Fri (2 Jul) evening...... After taking the paracetamol, it went off......
Before I went to bed at night, Mummy gave me another dose again..... as my temperature was still hovering around 38+ Degree Celsius.....

Around 2 am, before going to bed, Mummy checked on me again and felt I was very hot to the touch..... so they woke me up and sponged me.....my temperature was almost 40! They brought it down to 38.5 before letting me sleep again.....It was around 4am then.....


On Sat morning, Mummy woke up at 8 plus to check on me again.......my temperature was around 39......after taking the medication, it went down to 37+ (normal) around noon time when Daddy checked me again...... However at around 3pm, my temperature spiked up again to 39.8! Off we went to the doctor......

My temperature went up & down like a yo-yo so Mummy alternated between giving me the paracetamol and brufen every 3 hours (if temp more than 38.5) as advised by the doctor.....

At 5pm, I started off with paracetamol......
At 8.30pm, took brufen as temp 38.9...
At 11.30pm, temp 38 so Daddy gave me paracetamol...
Mummy and Daddy stayed awake till 3am to monitor my temp.....it was 37.6 so Daddy gave me a smaller dose of paracetamol..
Mummy woke up at 8 plus to check my temp.....up again at 38.6, so she gave me brufen....
When Gong Gong and Po Po came at 10 plus, she went back to bed......
At 11.30am, Gong Gong checked my temp 36.6, so they gave me paracetamol......just to err on the side of caution.....
At 2.30pm, my temp also 36 plus, so Daddy said no need medication....
At 5.30pm, temp up again at 38.5, so given brufen....
At 9.30pm before going to bed, my temp was 37.9, so given paracetamol....
Now at 2.30am, Mummy just checked my temp to be 37.4, so she didn't wake me up.....

She's going off to bed now......zzzzzzzz

2 comments:

kkf said...

wow! hope u recover soon! so many children falling sick!

kkf said...

is ryan ok now??? violet is having fever now too. the fever is so stubborn right?